There are ten car rental companies at Malaga Airport, which will allow you to choose from a wide range of luxury car and car models for as long as you need. Other car rental companies have their offices outside the terminal but close to the airport (Alamo, Centauro, Delpaso, Flizzr, Keddy by Europcar, National).
Due to the demand for vehicles in the offices it is recommended to book in advance; this ensures you a cheap car hire at Malaga airport, you will pick up your car upon arrival.
Car hire in Malaga airport
Make your reservation now with any of the airport rental offices, it will check availability and prices also with the ones closest to the airport.
Parking areas for the pick up and return of rental cars
Once you hire a car of your choice please go to the parking area reserved for car hire companies, located on level 0 and level -1 of parking P2, intended exclusively for the pick up of vehicles.
In case that you already dispose of a rental car and wish to return it at the airport, please go to level -1 and level -2 of the airport parking area P1.
Car rental terms & conditions
Car rental terms in Spain depend on the type of vehicle, you wish to rent. The minimum requirements of the majority of car rental companies are listed below.
- The driver should be in possession of a driving license with a minimum standing of 1 year. The driving licencemust be valid and without any severe penalties, which may legally prohibit the conduction of a vehicle. In case that you do not dispose of a Spanish driving licence, you can also present a valid international driving licence from another country, as long as it is recognised by Spanish law.
- The driving licence must comply with the specifications, required for the rental of a car or lorry.
- You will also be asked to identify yourself, presenting an ID or a passport and a valid method of payment.
- Most countries charge an extra tax for drivers, younger than 25 years. If you wish to rent a car in Spain, Península and Balearics, and you are under 25 years, you will have to pay an extra charge within 8 and 25 Euro (VAT included) per rental day and driver, and the amount could to vary depending on the car you rent, 4x4, sport car, van etc. Also the amount could to vary depends of car rental firm. In the Canary Islands could be more expensive.
- For the rental of specific car types, the driver must be older than 25 years.